ETC Employment Schemes
From time to time the Employment and Training Corproation offers various opportunities for you to gain work experience/exposure.
Work Trial Scheme
The ETC is currently offering the Work Trial Scheme (WTS) whereby after identifying an employer you can be placed with this employer for a maximum of 12 weeks. For the duration of the scheme you will be gaining 20 hours of work experience and on-the-job training Under per week. During this period the ETC will also grant you 50% of the national minimum wage per week pro rata.
The following is the list of persons who are eligible under this scheme:
- Jobseeker aged 16-24 who never worked (i.e. new labour market entrants with no job experience in their field of job preference);
- Youth aged 16-24 with previous work experience not in line with their respective job preference;
- Graduates and other persons who completed their studies and never worked in their field of study;
- Inactive persons (i.e. at least a one (1) year break from last employment);
- Registered jobseekers aged 25 years and over who have been unemployed for at least six (6) months;
- Recently made redundant persons, who would like to change their job preference – recently made redundant i.e. within six (6) months from date of last employment.
Please note : A person can only benefit from this scheme once within a particular calendar year.
Under this scheme you are encouraged to find an employer who is ready to offer you the on-the-job training and work experience in a particular occupation of your choice.
Once you have identified an employer who has accepted to take you on under the scheme we suggest that you and the employer to contact the ETC Schemes Unit for additional guidance.
Just to give you an idea. Amongst other things, applying for the scheme involves:
- You identifying an employer
- The employer filling in a WTS application form and sending it in to ETC
- ETC checking the eligibility of both the employer and the yourself who will be placed on the scheme
- ETC passing on a contract which will must be signed by both yourself and the employer and then passed back to ETC
- ETC giving the final go ahead for you to commence the scheme
Please note: do not start a scheme before you have the contract signed!
If you have any queries on this scheme, you can contact the Schemes Unit by sending an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.